Sunday, July 29, 2012

Writing Exercise 19: Healthy Inputs and Healthy Outputs

Exercise: Write about your health.

I tend to think of myself as a healthy kind of guy. I take care to watch what I put into this body and what I put out.

When it comes to healthy living, I pay attention to what I consume. I try to maintain a healthy diet for my body, including lots of leafy green vegetables. However, my healthy consumption doesn't stop there. I do what I can to also maintain a healthy mindset by watching very little mass media and choosing wisely what materials I will read. Keeping a watch on what I consume both physically and mentally allows me to live a more healthy and happy life.

And the way I live a healthy and happy life can be seen by what put out into the world through my behavior. As you may expect, as a healthy minded person, I don't litter, and I recycle as much as I can. In fact, I have been know to go as far as reusing plastic forks, spoons and knives by bringing them home and washing them! In addition to reducing the amount of material waste I put out, I also practice active listening and mindful communication. It is my intention to be in conversations that promote growth and healthy living. By being mindful of my negative and harsh judgements, I can filter out those ideas so I don't vocalize them. This practice could be considered the anti-littering of the mind campaign. It isn't easy to do, but I think I am healthier and happier for not dumping on my friends or gossiping about people.

So although I have much work to do in order to sustain my health, paying attention to what I take in and what I put out is one way I make it more manageable.

May you be healthy in body, mind and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment