Writing Exercise 26: Create an experience with a twist.
Shaving it Off.
The desserts on the buffet were extravagantly dressed. Some were layered with chocolate ribbons and
doused with raspberry sauce, while others were adorned with fruit trimmings in
the shape of rose petals, swan wings and hearts filled with decadence! I masterfully eased my way through the crowd that
was rushing towards the confectionary delights.
I turned sideways as I walked with my filled plate, thus allowing me to
snake through the hordes of people aching for a sugary mouthful. I found a quiet corner and started to dig my
fingers into the fresh whipped cream. I
find it tastes better that way.
Something about eating with my fingers makes food taste just that much
better. It makes my consumption a tactile
experience as well as a tasty delight.
And this first taste was surely a very different experience. When I pulled my finger from the piled high
whipped cream, I noticed a hair threaded through cream on my finger. Gross!
If extravagantly dressed desserts don’t shave, I would rather not have
any!


No comments:
Post a Comment